Pages

Friday 2 September 2016

Explanation Writing - Making Pikelets

How to make really delicious pikelets

Have you ever wanted to make a piklet but you can’t? Pikelets are a sweet fluffy treat.

First, you wash your hands so germs won’t get on the pikelets.

Secondly, sift the flour, baking powder and salt into bowl.

Thirdly, in another bowl beat eggs and sugar with a whisk until it’s thick and pale.

Fourthly, add the egg mixture and milk to the bowl of dry ingredients and mix until just combined.

After that gently heat a nonstick frying pan and drop tablespoonfuls of the mixture from the point of the spoon onto the surface.

Finally, when the bubbles start to burst on top of the pikelets turn them over and cook the second side until golden. Place in a clean tea towel or plate to cool down.

That's how you make piklets
 m

2 comments:

  1. Talofa lava, my name is Gargee and I am a student in Setoga class at Hay Park School. I really like how you described what the mix should look like when you are done mixing. It made me think of when my mum made a banana cake but it kept on tasting bitter. Have you thought about telling us how long you have to heat up the non stick pan for. If you would like to see my phenomenal learning, please visit My Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tolofa Gorgee thanks for the coment and you have to heat it up for when bubbles start to appere then you flip the pancake and I will visit your blog if you wanted me to

    bye bye now hope I see you again
    Amethyst

    ReplyDelete